Hi there, I'm Claire
Just over 5 years ago I left my full time job with a small, second hand, entry level camera and started building my photography business which allows me to travel the world and tell people's stories!
I knew nothing about the industry but made it my mission to figure it out along the way. You do not have to have studied photography or even business for that matter to have the knack for starting your own. There are however, a few things I wish I had known from the start which would have made building my business a lot easier and seamless.
One of the biggest things that I have learnt to date is this:
IT'S DIFFICULT TO MAKE A SUCCESS OF THIS INDUSTRY JUST FROM TAKING BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHS. THE WAY YOU RUN YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR BRAND IS WHAT ACTUALLY FILLS UP THAT CALENDAR!
The up side to this is you can kill it on the bookings and business front while still learning and perfecting your craft as you go. The down side is that your talent and skill may very well be going unnoticed because you aren’t putting yourself out there properly, which is such a shame because you know you have what it takes.
I know how it is, you start doing your thing on the side, putting your heart and soul into your baby while you work in a job that guarantees you a salary. You get better and better over time and you dream about the days you can wake up on your own clock, sit and have your coffee while plotting what you feel like doing for the day. I know it seems crazy to think you could actually get this right but I am here to tell you its easier than you think. The time to commit to your dream is now!
WHAT DOES THE WORKSHOP COVER?
• HOW TO DEFINE YOUR TARGET MARKET
• BASIC BRANDING & FINDING YOUR VOICE
• DEFINING YOUR YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
• SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
• MANAGING CONTENT CURATION
• EMAIL TEMPLATES & WORKFLOW
• QUOTES & INVOICES
• UNPACKING TAX FOR FREELANCERS
• CLIENT CONTRACTS EXPLAINED
• BUSINESS AND HEALTH INSURANCE
• STRATEGISING YOUR DIRECTION & GOALS
• VISION, AMBITIONS AND MILESTONES
R 3000 PER SEAT - INCLUDES
• FULL DAY WORKSHOP
• TEA, COFFEE & SNACKS
• LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS
• USB, NOTE BOOK, PEN & GOODIES
• VARIOUS BUSINESS TEMPLATES & WORKSHEETS TO GET YOU KICKSTARTED
• THE OPPORTUNITY TO NETWORK WITH LIKEMINDED FREELANCERS